• physical attributes;
• tax assessments; and
• prior and current transaction data.
The drawback? Zestimates are generated by a computer, not a person. Improvements and defects are not taken into consideration. It provides estimates for an expansive database of properties and gives a snapshot of the overall market. If you’re serious about selling, you’ll need more than a general estimate. A diligent agent compares your home’s unique features with recently sold homes to ensure accurate pricing.
Agents determine the value of your home by preparing a comparable market analysis. The comparable market analysis is based on:
• property type and size;
• number of bedrooms and bathrooms;
• age, condition and style;
• location; and
• dates of recent sales.
Agents, unlike Zillow, gather data by:
• researching the Multiple Listing Service (MLS);
• previewing comparable properties;
• viewing photos of properties; and
• contacting buyer’s and seller’s agents of comparable properties.
Zillow and online home valuation tools are important in today’s market, but they’re not a replacement for professional advice. Are you serious about selling? Call me today for a free comparable market analysis! I’ll do the research to pin down an accurate listing price for your property.
Give me a call today at 702-493-0781.